Friday, November 29, 2013

Show Me Some Proof Elder Yeske

"Why Should I join the Church?"

Alright, for this one i'm going to enlist some help from a someone who inspires me and has explained the topic a lot better than I feel I ever could. 

George Patrick O'Neill, a Falconer from Great Britain shares his Story about how the Gospel, and more specifically Jesus Christ, has helped to improve his life.
Lives are changed, understanding is created, and blessings are received. Notice, Brother O'Neill had to suffer through 6 months of jail because He decided to follow Christ. Like George, we will not always get immediate positive results from making the Decision to follow Christ, but then again, would you rather be happy for a day, or happy for a year?

Like George's Analogy of the birds who don't trust him right away, so too it can be difficult to trust in the Reality of a Living Christ who Watches over us, especially when we cannot see Him. However, Christ Promises that when you enter into His fold, He will become your good Shepherd, and He will guide you in the most joyful of paths, calling you by name, for he knows all of his Sheep.

"What if I'm already Happy? What Should I Expect?"

Again, I'm going to ask the assistance of someone with more experience in this Field. 

Al Fox (Carraway) Shares her experience as a convert to the Church. Al is a huge inspiration overcoming trial after trial of her Faith, but always receiving of the blessings in the End. She also has a Blog that goes through her story and her life. http://alfoxshead.blogspot.com/ is a great destination for those of you who want to learn a little more about a person who made the decision to join the Church of Jesus Christ for herself.

Unfortunately, you'll have to open the video in another tab, but here you go:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865580409/Tatooed-Mormon-Al-Fox-shares-her-conversion-story-in-new-video.html

"I actually had to go through hard times and Trials that I would not have gone though if I didn't get baptized. ... Things were hard. Things were really difficult since joining the church. ... But what it comes down to is prayer really. Honest Prayer, where you can ask him anything. And our end of the decision; it relies wholly on us, because he doesn't ever leave us. ... And what's really helped me is making that decision, and being firm in it."

Wow. What a Powerful testimony. No, Al Fox didn't feel like she needed more happiness, or more joy, but She sure found it and more sorrow! But why all the pain? Did God not see that she was making the right decision?

Of course He did. And because of that, He strengthened her be allowing her to pass through trials. Now, Al can share the strength she has gained with millions. you see, God could trust her to reach out once she was comforted, and to help her fellow man. He knew her individually, and He knows us all individually. What more could we ask for?

I know that blessings are to be found in living in accordance with God's Laws and Gospel. I know this because I swam through a river or two of pain to get to the Joy on the other side, and How great has been my appreciation of that Joy because of those rivers! I Testify that God Lives! I Testify that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior! I have "My God" and I will follow him everywhere I go, because there is no more joyful way.

No comments:

Post a Comment